I am getting the following error on a project of mine when I try to build… Error CS2001: Source file ‘.cs’ could not be found. I took the two files that are causing this error out on purpose because they conflict with other files and cannot be in there. How can I resolve this error without putting the 2 files back in the solution?
They are likely still referenced by the project file. Make sure they are deleted using the Solution Explorer in Visual Studio – it should show them as being missing (with an exclamation mark).
I open the project,.csproj, using a notepad and delete that missing file reference.
I had this problem, too.
Possible causes in my case: I had deleted a duplicated view twice and a view model.
I reverted one of the deletes and then the InitializeComponent error appeared.
I took these steps.
- I checked all of the solutions mentioned on this question. The class
name and build action were correct.
- I Cleaned my Solution and rebuilt. Another error appeared. “Error CS2001: Source file ‘.cs’ could not be found”
- I found this answer and followed the steps.
- I reloaded the project and cleaned/rebuilt again.
- My solution builds without errors and my application works now.
In my case, I add file as Link from another project and then rename file in source project that cause problem in destination project. I delete linked file in destination and add again with new name.